10 Apr 2014

The Charity Shop Crawl

| | 0 comments
Problems of a Drunk Fashion Student:

The Charity Shop Crawl


The typical natural environment for a student is the traditional pub-crawl. The dark, crowded and vibrant atmosphere attracts many of us. Whilst most students are down Angel or Shoreditch going door to door spending their money, I am down Camden saving my money crawling the charity shops of North London.

It seems over the last few years there has been a trend for charity shops buys and I have to admit I’m in on this hype. Much of my wardrobe is made up of these buys gaining me the nickname ‘Grandma Hoare’.

See I live in Tufnell Park, North London; just a 15 minute walk from Camden. I usually get off at Camden Town or Mornington Crescent tube station on the way back from university so I can browse the nine charity shops I pass on my walk home. As much as I want to keep this crawl to myself, often people ask what charity shops I go in as a result I’ve made this crawl.

The Crawl (Mornington Crescent Crawl)


Here we begin:
Take a right out of Mornington Crescent Tube Station and start to walk down Camden High Street towards Camden Town Station.

Half way up the high street you will see the first five charity shops on your left.

British Heart Foundation,
Shelter,
Scope,
Cancer Research,
Oxfam.

Carry on walking until you hit the main junction where Camden Town tube station is situated. This is where the road splits into four, but head towards Kentish Town (It should be clearly sign posted). It is the middle road, situated in-between the Camden Eye and the tube station.

Keep walking on until you hit an array of shops, and this is Kentish Town. You should see another Oxfam on your left, and two other charity shops a little further on the right.

Here you will find:
Age UK,
PSDA,

The last shop is a mere 5-minute walk towards Tufnell Park. All you have to do is keep heading up the road until you reach another junction, this time the road splits into two. Take the road on the right and the charity shop, the London Centre for children with Cerebral Palsy, is on the right hand side (before Sainsbury Local).




Warning:
I would be careful this crawl is not for the weak; as I discovered this walk takes you past two Mcdonalds, two Greggs, a Nandos, a Burger King, a M&S Food, hundreds of Kebab shops and many pubs. I am not surprised Camden Weight Watchers is situated a few streets off the high street. However at the end of the crawl is the Boston Arms; an Irish pub where it is £2.20 a pint, it would be rude not to take the opportunity of a cheap drink.


Happy Crawling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
 
Twitter Tumblr Flickr Follow on Bloglovin